I can’t believe I’m 27 right now.
Circus by Sam Edelman boots via ZooShoo | Brixton hat via PacSun
Photos by Randy Tran (@rtranphoto)
What a strange feeling. I spent the first few hours of my birthday saying good bye to the blessed age of 26 and a bedroom. Josh and I had late dinner with my family and then came home to immediately move our things from one room to another. Our new room is bigger and better, just as I hope 27 will be. 26 was a pretty incredible year. I really didn’t think 26 could top 25, but I was certainly wrong. I shot this dark editorial inspired look with Randy last week. We had been messaging each other with concepts to shoot for some time, but kept having to cancel on each other. We finally set a date to shoot a little somethin’ somethin’ for my birthday. I wanted to stay away from the typical “cute birthday girl with a cute birthday cake” shoot. I dressed in all black as a symbol of the death of my 26th year. But don’t be sad. 26 year old Fran had it good. I wanted to share 27 things I did before I turned 27. The list is random. Some are things that happened when I was young, and some are things that happened recently. Here it goes.
- Learned how to ride a bike.
- Learned how to get around without using GPS.
- Moved out.
- Learned how to swim.
- Bought my first car
- Paid off my first car.
- Learned how to dance.
- Got a tattoo.
- Lost a loved one.
- Took a road trip.
- Went to Japan.
- Swam with a sea turtle in Hawaii.
- Met friends through the internet (who are now some of my best friends).
- Sang in front of a crowd.
- Went camping in Yosemite.
- Dined at French Laundry.
- Had 5 different hair colors.
- Got published in an international magazine. Twice.
- Fell in love.
- Got 3 nose piercings.
- Visited my parents’ hometowns in Vietnam.
- Worked as a waitress.
- Worked a full-time job and worked as a waitress at the same time.
- Learned how to cook.
- Traveled internationally alone.
- Started a blog.
- Became a blogger full time.
Hope you guys enjoyed this quick list! I wanted to elaborate on some of these, but It’s getting late and I have to be up super early for a shoot. Shooting with Wet Seal on my birthday! Super stoked.